Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 1: Reunions. Day 2: Home.

Day 1

There's nothing better than seeing friends you haven't seen in years and being able to catch up. Last night I was thankful to go to two dear friends engagement party, one who I grew up with and the other was my college roommate. I'm grateful for the friends who will always be in your life everyday but I'm also thankful for those friends who come in and out every few years. 

Day 2

This morning I woke up in the bed I grew up in, needless to say I was at my parents house. It becomes strange once you're on your own, have your own place (which is another thing I'm so grateful for, but another day :)) to come back to your parents. It's no longer the bed that you're use to sleeping in and the noises you forgot your house made. But at the same time there's a great comfort of waking up to your dad singing in the morning, something that occurs every morning in the Dittmeier household.

I'm grateful to have another house to always come back to. To get refueled on love or great food or both. To have 2 incredible parents at home that will wait up for me just to see how I'm doing when I stayed out late with friends. There's always a comfort in the house you grew up in. So today I am grateful for home, which today is at my parents house.

1 comment:

  1. We love you so much, Colleen, and so love your visits home. It's always so special to see your beautiful smile when you come through the door and get your super hugs and kiss.
    So glad you know you can always come home! Much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete