Thursday, October 31, 2013

Make today a good day.

We all want to make the good days last and the bad be nothing more than a blink. "Wake Me Up " or if you want to go back a few years to "Wake Me Up When September Ends" are clear examples of songs that speak to that. Add a great melody and there's a chart topper.

Lately I've been thinking about the movie "13 Going on 30," all she wants is to be 30 where everything will appear to be better and life will be figured out. When she wakes up one morning as a 30 year old, she discovers that life is okay but she missed out; on the good and bad. And she was still a 13 year old girl that had not faced life. 

I was talking to a friend the other night about how we need the hard times to appreciate the good times and we also need those hard times to make us the person we are meant to become. Equally important we need the good times, as well as embrace the good times. My sister-in-law, Brooke, told me one morning to "make today a good day." I doubt she meant for it to be my new motto but it has. (Thanks Brooke!) I've realized that life is a choice. Every minute. It's choice to be happy and how we view things. Life is never ideal but we can choose to make our attitudes ideal. 

And with this thought and November starting tomorrow I'm going to give my 30 days of thankfulness another shot! Last year I think I made it to Day 10 and then got distracted by food or something. But here's to another effort of choosing to see the good, in the good and the bad.

Oh, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment