Monday, March 10, 2014

a time to laugh

If you were to tell me where I would be today, a year ago, I wouldn't want to believe you. In fact, I would cringe. And at the same time, today I'm so happy and have realized strengths I didn't know were within me. A year ago, I was head over heels in love with the same of my dreams and afraid to be alone. Now I'm single, living in a studio apartment by myself, at peace and happy. To say that the past 6 months have been the hardest time period of my life is true. To say that I have grown and become a better person through it by facing fears and rejection is very true.

It's so true how if you tell God your plans, you will hear Him laugh. It's taken me awhile to hear his laughter but I am now. At first it was cruel but now I'm discovering peace in His plan for my life. I have a key chain on my set of keys that has Jeremiah 29:11 on it, my favorite verse. Someone gave it to me at my high school graduation, 6 years ago. I would stare at it every now and then reminding myself when things were going good or astray. More times when things were going astray. The other day I was running out the door off to work and it broke off my key chain. I was in a rush so I grabbed it and threw it in my cup holder as I dashed off to work. This was God tapping me on the shoulder so I could hear his laugh. Majority of the time we ask for hope when things are going bad. I know I begged for hope this past year, whether it be for my job, finances or my heart. It's so easy to get caught up in the begging that when we have it we don't recognize it. I was given hope and a future just like He promised me. In that moment when the keychain broke I knew He was trying to tell me something. It was to stop, look around my life, look back to the past and see that girl then look at myself now and hear His joyful laughter. "There is a time for everything...a time to weep and a time to laugh" (Ecclesiastes 3) I went through the time of weep so I can now walk through this time to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment